Getting clean is a dirty business
The wine heiress, the faded entertainer, the operatic diva, the politician’s wife – four women who can’t say no….
Four women who should be happy with what life has given them. Success, beauty, money and fame. But never judge a book by its cover, because on the outside they may all seem to be completely in control of their lives, but under their fashionable facades, deep within their souls, they are all battling with a common demon…they are all addicted. Addicted to things that could ruin their very existence. In fact for one, it will snuff it out for good.
Four women…one death, one killer…
ADDICTED was voted Top 3 in “The Great British Write Off” competition on Handbag.com in association with Books And The City.
“Packed full of sauciness, darkness and intrigue, this lively romp of a story takes you on a colourful journey through the world of showbiz, from the ultra-highs to the face-planting lows. If you’re looking for a sexy, racy, riotous read for your sun lounger this summer, this is the perfect choice.”
‘ADDICTED is a sexy, dark, thrilling celebrity whirlwind that lifts the curtain on some blistering superstar scandal. It’s the most fun you can have between two covers. I need more!’
VICTORIA FOX, Author of POWER GAMES and TEMPTATION ISLAND
PRAISE FOR NIGEL MAY
“AN ADDICTIVE PLOT THAT IS PACKED WITH TWISTS AND TURNS. PREPARE FOR LARGER THAN LIFE CHARACTERS, FABULOUS LOCATIONS AND PLENTY OF HUMOUR”
“MOVE OVER JACKIE COLLINS, THERE’S A NEW BLOCKBUSTER STAR IN TOWN.”
“SIZZLES LIKE THE HOTTEST JACKIE COLLINS, THRILLS LIKE TASMINA PERRY AND OOZES GLAMOUR ON PAR WITH VICTORIA FOX….”
I’m thrilled that NIgel has joined me on my blog today talking about his top 10 addictions. Nigel, over to you
My Top 10 Addictions
(1I have always loved a meaty, juicy, blockbuster of a read. One of my favourite books when I was younger was Shirley Conran’s Lace. Such a marvellous read and action-packed from the first page. I suppose that is why I have ended up writing the kind of books I do. Give me strong female characters who aren’t afraid to say what they want to achieve their dreams and I’m happy! One of my favourite current authors is the fabulous Victoria Fox. Now there’s a lady who can spin a great tale.
(2) Next Top Model – I could watch it for days at a time. I love them all – the American one, the British one when it was one…I don’t mind where the models come from, as long as they’re bitching at each other and wearing fabulous clothes then I am more than happy. Plus I find Tyra Banks strangely hypnotic to watch.
(3) The Eurovision Song Contest – I’d love to present it – it would be my ultimate TV dream. I have watched every one since about 1974 I think so it has pretty much always been part of my life. I was invited to go one year when I was a journalist but couldn’t as it was my friends’ wedding on the same day. I was gutted. Maybe I shall have to book for next year.
(4) ABBA – the first record I ever bought was Waterloo by ABBA after watching them win Eurovision. Nobody can make records like ABBA did. Top tunes that still get people heading to the dance floor in the present day. I went to the ABBA Museum in Stockholm recently and honestly I could have stayed there for days. My first crush was Agnetha, the blond lady from ABBA. She was pure beauty!
(5) Vintage clothes – I love vintage clothes shopping. You can find such wicked clothes, total one-offs at vintage shops. Plus they always seem to be a bit more quirky, unique and fabulous that mass produced things on the high street. Some of my favourite shirts are old school vintage ones from the 1970s. I love the idea that there’s a backstory behind every outfit as well – who owned it before you? Even my favourite shops are retro brands like Merc and Fred Perry.
(6) Travel – I try to feature a few fabulously exotic locations in my writing and that gives me the perfect excuse to pack my suitcase and head off on holiday. I will always make notes on places that I’ve been on holiday and jot down as much as possible as that way I am able to give authentic details about places when I feature them in novels. I went to India earlier this year which was fantastic so I am thinking a slightly Bollywood feel may pop up in a future storyline.
(7) Craft – my work away from the books (which is actually a hobby I suppose) is in the world of craft – I spent most of my days surrounded by glue, glitter and mounds of paper. And I love it. It amazes me to see the things that people can make with their crafty stash, be it cards, scrapbooks pages or fantastic works of home décor.
(8) Cherry Lambrini – I know! It’s cheap as chips, bright red in colour and tastes like fizzy pop…but I love it. There’s just something glorious about the taste. It’s a party in a bottle. I do love a great bottle of wine, but I’ll often find my trolley at the supermarket housing a bottle or three of Cherry Lambrini.
(9) Pub grub – give me a plate of steak and kidney pie and chips and I am a happy man. Or bangers and mash, or liver and bacon….there is nothing nicer than sitting in a restaurant or pub and seeing good hearty food on the menu. I was never a fan of the nouveau cuisine nonsense where you have half a potato and a cube of meat arranged beautifully on a plate. One mouthful and it’s gone. Give me decent food, and lots of it!
(10) Devious Maids – it’s my current TV obsession. It’s on the TLC Channel and comes from the same people who created the brilliant Desperate Housewives. It’s packed full of murder and deception, and everyone is drop dead gorgeous. The writing is incredibly good and I love it. It reminds me of some of the glamorous soaps like Dynasty and Dallas that I loved growing up. I mention Devious Maids in Addicted as I am sure one of my characters would be as addicted to it as I am.
Nigel’s latest novel, the spicy glam fiction whodunit ADDICTED is online now for just 99p http://myBook.to/ADDICTED_NigelMay for Kindle and is also available for many other eReaders.
His first novel, TRINITY is also available online for just 99p http://myBook.to/TRINITY_NigelMay
Nigel is also featured in both of the short story collections, SUNLOUNGER and SUNLOUNGER 2, online now.